Public Transportation Bus
The Trego Community General Public Transportation Van ("out-of-town")
has completed its first full year of service for our area.
Passengers will need to call for rides at least 24 hours in advance or by Friday for a Monday ride, as it is on a
First Come-First Serve Basis, so scheduling in advance is preferred.
Please call the “Out of Town” Transportation Bus Dispatch at 785-743-8014,
between 8:00 am and 5:00 pm, Monday thru Friday to book a ride.
which is also the run time for the van.
$10.00 Round Trip ~ WaKeeney to Hays
$7.00 Round Trip ~ WaKeeney to Ellis, Hill City or Quinter
15 cents per Mile to/from Other Destinations
- In 2022 the service provided 715 medical rides; 54 rides to school (FHSU); and 42 other types of rides.
- The van is funded by federal/state funds through the KDOT 5311 grant program for 70% of operating costs.
- The remaining 30% of operating costs (the local match funding) comes from:
- Fares ~ approximately 18% of our local costs.
- Contributions from local donors like yourself-approximately 82% of our local costs.
- Checks may be made out to the “City of WaKeeney” with “out-of-town van” in the memo line.
- Contributions may be made to Trego Hospital Endowment Foundation specifically for medical rides or for a fare for a specific person or purpose.
- The Trego County Ministerial Alliance and the Harvey Trust provide financial assistance if fares are unaffordable for passengers needing medical rides; contributions may be made through your congregation to the Ministerial Alliance.
Please leave a message at the Prairie Faith Office at 785-743-2005 for Parish Nurse, Nancy or send an e-mail to the Parish Nurse email link below with any questions…or if you would like to donate to this important service.
**Contributions are essential for the van to provide these vital services to our community!**